Whistleblowing can be defined as the disclosure by a person, usually an employee in a government agency or private enterprise, to the public or to those in authority, of mismanagement, corruption, illegality, or some other wrongdoing.
A whistleblower is anyone who has and reports insider knowledge of illegal or unethical activities occurring in an organization. Whistleblowers can be employees, suppliers, contractors, clients or any individual who somehow becomes aware of illegal activities taking place in a business either through witnessing the behavior or being told about it.
Allowing employees and other stakeholders to raise concerns about malpractices within an organization without risking their careers will minimize corporate crime, fraud and abuse.
By encouraging whistleblowing, the organisation promotes transparency, effective communication and good corporate governance. it also conveys a strong message that fraud and misconduct will not be tolerated.
A Whistleblower program shows the commitment of an organisation to develop a “dare to speak up” culture that enhances employees sense of belonging.
TC Whistleblowing Services aim to :
- provide clients with an independent external facility for stakeholders to:
- stand up to illegal behavior and wrongdoing at all levels of an organization,
- effectively, efficiently and if required anonymously report fraud and misconduct by employees of their organization.
- develop, manage and operate the whistleblowing system for and on behalf of the client
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Assess & analyze client’s needs on whistleblower system
- Design and develop the whistleblower system based on client’s needs . This may include but not limited to whistleblowing facilities through:
- chat channel
- social media (Direct Messages)
- telephone: Call / Hotline, SMS, WA, BBM
- PO Box
- Manage and operate the whistleblower system that may include:
- receipt of incoming whistleblowing reports
- initial analysis to decide whether an investigation is appropriate
- appropriate follow-up investigations
- submission of ad-hoc and periodic reports
The key benefits of utilizing TC whistleblower system include:
- fraud or misconduct is more likely to be reported as employees are much more likely to report fraud or misconduct to a trusted independent external party
- enable Executives to focus on core business activities and avoid time consuming investigations
- reliability.. activities are carried out by trained specialists.
- cost effectiveness: save whistleblower operating costs and better prevent or minimize losses due to fraud and misconduct
- Energy & Mining
- Real Estate
- Heavy Equipment
- Office Products
- Banking & Insurance
- Food & Beverage
- Media and Telecommunications
- Legal Consulting
- Tax Consulting