Human Resources ( HR ) Management Audit Services
Just to compete these days, it is essential to have good products and effective & efficient strategies and operations. A company will have none of these, unless it can build, release, and focus the energy and talents of its people. Proper Human Resources Management calls for appropriate strategy, plans and action programs that are periodically assessed, analyzed and updated.
Our Human Resources Management Audit services aim to provide customers with comprehensive objective, reliable and accurate assessments on:
- The effectiveness of HR strategy, plans & programs, policies, systems & procedures in the light of relevant current and expected future characteristics and driving forces
- Appropriateness of organization structure, manpower composition and quantities
- Competencies of existing human resources and fits/gaps between job competency and jobholder’s competency profile,
- Effectiveness and efficiency of the HR operations
- Compliance with government laws, rules and regulations
and to recommend the courses of action to be taken.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
A comprehensive HR Management Audit may include review and analysis of the following aspects:
- Employees’ needs, wants, expectations, perceptions and satisfaction
- HR related strategy, plans, programs and budgets
- Organization structure and HR composition, quantity and quality
- HR related policies, systems, rules, regulations and procedures
- Organization culture
- Job descriptions, job performance standards, job competencies and jobholders’ competency profiles
- Recruitment and selection
- Induction and training & development
- Performance management
- Compensation & benefits
- Industrial relations
- HR information system
Benefits of Human Resource Audit
Several benefits associated with Human Resource audit are listed below.
- Identifies the contribution of Human Resource department to the organization
- Improves the professional image of the Human Resource department.
- Encourages greater responsibility and professionalism among member of the Human Resource department.
- Clarifies the HR department’s duties and responsibilities.
- Stimulates uniformity of HR policies and practices.
- Finds critical HR problems.
- Ensures timely compliance with legal requirements.
- Reduces human resource cost through more effective Human Resource procedure.
- Creates increased acceptance of needed change in the Human Resource department.
- Requires thorough review of Human Resourcedepartment’s information system.
Besides ensuring compliance, the audit can improve the department’s image and contribution to the company. Operating managers may have more respect for the department when an audit team seeks their view. If the comments of manager are acted on, the department will be seen as being more responsive to their needs. And since it is service department, these actions may improve its contribution to organizational objectives.